In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

AmerIdol Recap

First I have to tell you this:
I was driving to a doctor's appointment this morning and The Doobie Brothers came on the radio and I just love that song and I immediately thought, "Taylor would kick ass if he sang this one" and after I sang along with the radio, I went about my day thinking no more of it but then tonight Taylor actually sang Taking' It to the Streets and HOW FREAKIN' WEIRD IS THAT?!?!?

The Gang [3/7 and 3/8]
Katharine did a great job with Aretha's song and seemed to have fun with her performance
Taylor is a nut and I love him for it. And for that Soul Patrol voice. Yeah, Easter Bunny
Lisa did a beautiful job with her song- not sure why the judges didn't like her choice
Gedeon is very sure of himself and what he can do vocally and plays to his strengths
Paris singing Gloria Estephan was okay, but made me think of a little girl playing dressup
Bucky is another guy who knows who he is and what he can do and gosh darn it I like him
Elliott chose poorly this week but I hope he stays around and shows what he really can do
Kellie may be a 'naughty little minx' [which I think is an act] but her singing isn't great
Ace. I hate falsetto and don't particularly like this guy. But America will keep him.

The Cuts [my predictions]
Kinnik seems nice and she's trying hard but she just hasn't found her niche- or her pitch
Melissa made the Heart song her own but Simon's comments might hurt her this week
Ayla is a great girl and will go far in life but I'm not sure she's staying on the show
Kevin signed his own death warrant with the ode to Vincent Van Gogh. Go, Kevin. Be squishy
Will is clueless. Appealing to 11 year old girls wasn't an insult- it was marketing advice and he blew it

The Finalists [my predictions]
Mandisa is a force to be reckoned with and I think she'll go all the way to the end
Chris is on fire. He's so talented and he might very well win the whole thing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home