In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Idol girls 2

I felt like when the girls sang on Tuesday night it was very easy for me to pick my favorites because several of them got it wrong- either the song choice or the performance. However the ladies I was already keeping an eye on continued to hold my attention:

Paris and Lisa held their own though agreed with Simon's assessment that they were choosing songs a little too old for them. Ayla did a very nice job with a song that suited her well. Kinnik and Melissa continue to surprise me and I think their performances are getting stronger. Katherine has a lovely voice but the song she sang is one of my favorites and I don't think she did it justice. Then there's my girl Mandisa. She just rocks and I want to see her through to the end.

[Which reminds me- I plan to study the roster over the next weeks because I'm developing a theory that the finalist have already been chosen based on who sings first and last in the line up. For example Week 1 Mandisa sand 1st, Katherine last. Week 2 Katherine sang 1st, Mandisa last. And as far as I'm concerned they are the strongest contenders. I'll keep you posted.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home