In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Friday, February 17, 2006

An Idol Obsession

I can't believe I've missed the past four years of this show!

Of course, I have Kelly's CD and I know who Clay, Reuben and Fantasia are. But I never actually watched the show until this seasons auditions began.

Tuesday and Wednesday nights are now Family Idol Night. (My husband wasn't that interested until he saw some of the girls and he really couldn't care less if they can sing LOL) During the commericals, my son and I have auditions for Barbie, GI Joe and his stuffed puppies.

I get to be Simon, my favorite judge, becasue I'm meaner than Daddy.

I think we all secretly wish we could be that brutally honest in Life and not care what people thought about us. (Although I thought his comment about Mandisa was cruelly out of line).

I still have to watch the video intereviews http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/ but so far my favorites are Katherine, Lisa, Ayla, Mandisa, Paris, Taylor, Chris and Will.

1 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Mia - I'm like you. I didn't really start watching the show until half way through last season when Carrie Underwood (a fellow Okie) was doing so well.

I became hooked!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home