In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Friday, February 24, 2006

Idol Elimination 1

Okay, my first question is, could they have fluffed up that show any more? Good grief. It was like Dave's Network Time Fillers.

My second question- Is it me or is the elimination round kind of mean? I don't know, maybe it's Ryan Seacrests secret glee over axing somebody. Or the phony way they make everybody stand up then all but the potentials losers sit down again.

I had predicted that Stevie the Opera Singer and Bobby the Lounge Act would get cut. No surprises there. I don't think either of their performances were the least impressive.

But I was surprised that one of The Pretty Girls was eliminated. I didn't think Becky was very good from the start, but figured I'd be the only one who thought so.

And I was stunned- STUNNED- when Patrick was cut. Man! I would have shot down Sway or Bucky or David before I let Patrick go. Okay sure he butchered Melissa Etheridge's song but I thought the viewers/ voters would take _all_ of his performances into account, not just last nights.

I'll say one thing for American Idol. It can be slow paced but it's not boring!

1 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Patrick was very good during Hollywood week, but didn't do so well on his performance night. I didn't care for Sway either.

And yes, I hate all the standing and head games...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home