In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Monday, February 20, 2006

And they're off...!

First let me say that I'm not he fastest writer in the world. I get bogged down in perfectionist details and constant line edits.

But not this week.This week I get to write complete and total garbage. My critique partner Lisa and I have agreed to a writing challenge. She has a March 1st deadline and I just need to make more progress on MIDNIGHT .

So we're each going to write 52 pages in 8 days. That's 6.5 pages per day in Courier New 12 pt font [not sure what hers is since she uses Times New Roman].

My stomach is already knotting up at the thought but I really do need to tell the Inner Bitch Critic to shut up so I can hear what The Fiction Fairy has to say.

If we make out goal, Lis and I are treating ourselves to an evening at a jazz club when we go to New Orleans next month. Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home