In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

AI- Soul Patrol, baby! Now what?

Whoooooooooo!
Taylor Hicks is the 5th American Idol! I'm very happy for him but I hope/I hope/I hope that he is able to retain the things that made Amercia love and vote for him- his quirky individuality and love of performing. And I hope he does "Levon" and "Takin' it to the streets" on his first CD.

As for the rest of the ridulously long 2 hour finale, here's

THE GOOD
Elliott singing "This House is a Home" and doing U2 with Mary J Blige (I am so buying any CD he records)

Taylor playing harmonica to "Tobacco Road"

Man-diva singing "I'm Every Woman". Love her!

Dionne Warwicks doing "That's What Friends Are For" with all of the top 12

Melissa and Ace's duet.

Chris in all white. Chris in all black.

Clay-alike Michael Sandecki's reaction when the real Clay Aiken came onstage, and Clay singing Elton John's "Sun Down"

THE BAD
Having to admit that Ace looked really good in a tux (Shut up, Jill)

Chris singing with Live. It seemed like dueling soloists to me...

Toni Braxton looked smokin' hot but I couldn't hear a word she sang

Kat's duet with Meatloaf. What the hell was wrong with him? She was good though

THE UGLY
Ryan and the stupid AI Awards (except the one for Elliott's mom, which was sweet.)(And btw I'm sick of watching Katharine's dad cry. Be a man already)

The stupid Kellie's see-food videos.

The expression on Chris' face when he was forced to sing a song made famous by Dudley Moore in a really crappy movie.

The Brokenote Cowboys. 'Nuff said.

Prince. Not even his backup dancer/singer could save that awful song.

And finally my Fantasy Idol Showdown- Mandisa vs Chris. Now _that_ would have been a hell of a show! Who do you think would have won?

Now that Idol is over, though, what am I going to watch?!?!?!?!?
I think America's Best Dancer or something starts Thursday...

2 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was my fantasy finalist pairing, too! I want to say that Chris would have won, but Mandisa left too early to really make that assessment. I think, had she stayed, she would have developed awesomely (if that's a word).

I'm not a Prince fan, but I actually loved his performances. It was kind of like he was an instrument rather than a singer, and I liked the tucking the imaginary cell phone in his pocket, etc. I could have done without the two girls jerking all over the microphone, though.

Cindy

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

I'm so glad you're seeing the light about Ace!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home