In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Idol by the Dozen

Okay so it was Stevie Wonder theme night on American Idol and honestly I wasn't sure how this was going to go. But loved it for the most part:


The Ass Kickers
(I didn't bother to vote because they will all be back)
Chris- I have no doubt he's going all the way. (As a side note he is really sexy! but a little calculated tonight. Note to Chris- don't play with the mic stand)
Taylor -Obviously loves him some Stevie and, judging by the audience reaction including my own, we love us some Taylor. He is just infectious and I loved the suit and new haircut
Mandisa- Having a man kneel before you and take off your shoes on national television? You go girl! And she did- with a great gutsy heartfelt performance
Katharine- Well, heloo there! Where have you been the past few weeks? She did a fantastic job and finally showed what her voice can do

The Bonus Gifts
(I voted for them to try to make sure they're still here next week)
Bucky- Considering he'd never heard a Stevie Wonder song before, I think he did a damned fine job with the rockin' version of Supersticion. (I agreed with Simon about the hair though)
Melissa- I disagreed with Simon that this was her best performance. Her voice sounded strained tonight but I want to see her try again next week. I know she can do this
Elliott- I didn't like the song choice and I think he was intimidated to sing music by someone he admires. But again I have faith in him and want to see him back

The Mouseketeers
Paris and Lisa will both come back next week and they deserve to. It's just that with both of them tonight it was obvious they were seasoned performers and I didn't get much of the genuine emotion on stage that they showed in the clips

The Odd Trio
I have nothing to say about Ace. Still not sure why I don't like him but he does nothing for me. It was a safe song and he tried to sound exactly like Stevie so it was boring.
Kellie is adorable and I like her and her tarantula lashes but she's not great vocally and tonight she sucked. I know she was out of her comfort zone but still there was no spark
And as for squish boy, I couldn't help but like Kevin and his awfull dancing tonight but I don't think he'll stay much longer. He's a nice kid with a nice voice but overall he's out-classed.

4 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Uh, Mia - let's talk. I'll tell you ALL about why Ace is hot!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Mia Zachary said...

Kelly is very cute but I just don't think she's a STAR, you know? I think she will definitely find success but I'll be stunned if she ends up being the AI

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Roundup. I know I'm late commenting, but hey..better late than never right?

I agree that Chris will make it all the way, as he should, he's great. My second fave is Bucky. I just love that guy, and he's talented too!

And Mandisa or Taylor. That's my final three prediction (and hopes)

The only thing about AI thats sucks for me is I'm Candaian, so I can't vote. I do hound my online American Friends to vote for Bucky for me though. *blush*

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, and I agree about Kelly. I don't think she'd got the magic "It" factor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home