In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Monday, January 01, 2007

Here We Go Again


Why do we torture ourselves making up goals for the year? Do we really want to do these things or do we just feel obligated to make up some kind of list?


Alright, in keeping with the spirit of masochistic tendencies, I'll name a few things it would be cool to accomplish:

Lose the six pounds I've put on since Thanksgiving
Lost the pounds I put on last holiday season
Talk about my CP Lisa's book so much that lots of people buy it
Get my jewelry business off the ground
Read at least one third of my TBR pile
Keep my office clean for more than a week
Blog at least one day a week, especially Philosophy Friday
Fix and then update my website each month
Get a Blaze proposal written and submitted
Draft the opening of a paranormal book I'll most likely do on spec
Write a partial for a second Midnight mystery in case the first one sells well and someday somebody wants another one

Here's hoping the Fiction Fairy hangs around my office, waving her magic prose wand and sprinkling 'fresh' dust all over my manuscripts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home