In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Hope Starts With One Step


Today, there is more hope than ever for people touched by breast cancer. However, there is still much work to be done to promote early detection and to help those impacted by the disease. To help make a difference, I'm participating in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in Washington, DC on October 22, 2006.

My last book, AFTERNOON DELIGHT, featured a one-year breast cancer survivor who fears the disease may have returned. Until she knows for sure, she vows to live every day to the fullest. And that's why I'm walking. To help make sure that every woman diagnosed have the chance to live another day.

I'm donating a percentage of my royalties from the sale of each copy of AFTERNOON DELIGHT to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. But I wanted to do more. Hope starts with us!

1 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Good for you!!! Hope you enjoyed the activities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home