In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Monday, October 30, 2006

Na-na na-na na-na na na

You say it's your birthday
Na-na na-na na-na na na

Yep the Big... Um... Not 30 Anymore. And yet I'm okay surprisingly. I usually spiral down into a deep depression around my birthday, especially 'milestone' ones.

Not this year. I'm taking steps to make changes. My Mom said something in a casual conversation a few weeks ago that for some reason struck home with me. She said, "Go live your life". But then I had to really think about whose life or whose version of my life or whose image of my life or whose fantasy of my life I was existing in and I sure as hell wasn't sure it _was_ mine.

So sorry for the lack of posts lately. I totally owe you all two Philosophy Fridays and a Thursday Thirteen. But I'm looking for an agent and I've just taken a new job where I have _so_ much to learn and I'm on deadline to turn in my WIP in December.

November is National Novel Writing Month and I'm going to have my head down, nose to the grind stone. I'll try to keep you posted of my progress, but I'm not promising.

Hope everything is wonderful in your world and {{{hugs}}} is it's not.

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Mia - let us know of your progress with the Nano!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home