In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Friday, September 08, 2006

Philosophy Friday

GOOD VIEW














GOOD NEWS

Uumm..... Thinking......
Dunno. In a bit of a mood today...

GOOD ADVICE

I can't seem to see the trees for the forest today.

My CPs tell me that my current Work in Progress is very good but I'm all stressed out about how much still has to be written and the quality overall. Rachel thinks the level of story conflict works well; Lisa thinks there needs to be more deep and complex emotion.

So I'm doing the only thing I can and advising you to do the same:
JUST GET THE BLOODY THING WRITTEN AND FIGURE OUT THE DETAILS DURING REVISION

1 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Blogger Robena Grant said...

Hi Mia:
I'm with you on that philosophy. Plowing away on my WIP, which I did research on during my recent visit to Australia. Yes, I did make it to their National which was fab! to say the least. It was in Brisbane so I then went north to Cairns, and Cooktown and the Daintree rainforest where my book is set. Fun trip! which brings me in a round about way to the purpose of this blog comment :) I stopped by to see how your vacation went. I sighed and mooned and dribbled on the keyboard over your photographs. It's been ten years since my last trip to Italy. I so want to go! Now! Dammit!
Your photography is great and I loved living vicariously.
Best,
Roben

 

Post a Comment

<< Home