In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Return to Sender

If Margery Casares is reading this blog, the French edition of 9 1/2 DAYS that I mailed to you was sent back as undeliverable. If you'd like it could you please email me a corrected address?

Speaking of take-backs...

Have you ever returned a book to the store where you bought it? I freely admit that I have. I read as much as I can and honestly have no idea how many hundreds of dollars I spend on books each year. Which quite frankly means I hate to feel that my [husband's] hard earned cash is wasted. So if I don't like a book, if the author just hasn't grabbed my atention, by the third chapter, I take the book back and exchange it for something else.

But I don't take the time and special effort to write a long email to the author telling him or her what I've done. I mean, how freakin' rude is this? Okay you didn't like my book. Not everyone is going to and I can understand and accept that. But, I'm sorry, you have to be a special kindof bitch to go out of your way to try and hurt my feelings by gloating that not only did you want your money back but you wanted damages for the time you wasted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home