In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Friday, August 25, 2006

Philosophy Friday

GOOD VIEW













GOOD NEWS
I've written 25 pages since last Friday!!!!
I just started working with my own creativity coach
I'm taking my son to the Renaissance Festival this weekend
School starts on Monday!!!!!

GOOD ADVICE
"People often ask me how they can become more creative. By this they mean many different things; even if they meant just one thing, there would still be many different kinds of answers. For one person, the answer might be "worry less." For another person, the answer might be "grow wilder." For a third, it might be "be braver." For a fourth, it might be "somehow find the time." But whatever else you might need to do, one thing that will help you grow more creative is consciously engaging in new explorations. If we do not explore, we do not get to go anywhere new, and if we do not go anywhere new, we can't be creative."
- Eric Maisel, PhD

Here are two suggestions from Dr. Maisel's Everyday Creative card deck:
1 Name a creative project you'd like to tackle. Write down the positive qualities in you that will bring the project to fruition.

2 Divide a sheet of paper into three columns, "Starting', 'Working' and 'Completing'. In each columns write downs some ideas that will help you along the process. Do them.

WANT THEM?
If you'd like your own Everyday Creative pack, just leave a comment below about a creative project you want to start next week, or next month since it's the same thing I'll pick a name at random as the winner on Monday, Aug 28th.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

Not specific to today's post. Just want to say I'll be a regular reader from now. Found my way over to your website from Isabel Stern's blog. Read all postings in your diary then hopped over to your blog. Read all the archives (skimming the AI posts since I'm an avid watcher myself). This is not something I regularly do but I was really interested and felt like I learned some things about the journey to publication, the life of a multi-pubbed author, life in general.

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home