In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Friday, March 24, 2006

Philosophy Friday

GOOD VIEW














GOOD STUFF
Some of the ugly crap in my grandmother's house was actually valuable
Amazon only has 1(!) copy of Afternoon Delight left
Harriet Klausner gave AD a great review and posted it all over the 'net
The Feng Shui-ing of my office is going well- it's less cluttered already
The birthday dinner I made my husband was almost perfect

GOOD ADVICE
"Writing is a craft, as well as an art, and that craft takes time to develop. Forget genius, forget inspiration. It takes time- measured not in weeks or months but years... Page after page, draft after draft, year after year... That's the writer's commitment, and that requires time. Or, should I say, a lifetime?"
- Dennis Palumbo, WRITING FORM THE INSIDE OUT, page 119-120

1 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Blogger Lia said...

That picture is so beautiful! Really makes me want to be there among the flowers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home