In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

AI- Sweet Sixteen













And so we continue with last year's obsession. I have to admit though, that I'm still so committed to two of last year's contestants ( I loved some of the singers and can't believe others have record deals?!?! ) that I haven't full-heartedly adopted anyone from Season Six yet.

Since IDOl will be on again tonight, I won't bore you with my assessments of the top 24 (plus I can't find all of my notes). I'll just give my favorite contestants up to this point:

GUYS
Blake Lewis is really cool. He looks comfortable on stage and is a very good performer with a sense of showmanship. Jared Cotter is a nice looking boy and has mastered coming across as both sexy and sweet- an important factor given the audience age range. I also like Brandon Rogers [who will shine with the right song choice], Chris Richardson [who has been a little bland but may end up a surprise] and Chris Sligh [despite his physical looks, his self- confidence is very attractive]

GIRLS
I really, really like Melinda Doolittle. Not only does she have a great voice but also a sweet personality and a humble spirit. I'll be rooting for her all the way. I like Lakisha Jones for the same reasons (though she needs to be careful with the stylist- I don't want to see her treated the way Mandisa was last season). I also like Stephanie Edwards (she has a nice R&B sound), Sabrina Sloan (great voice and she tries to be original) and Jordan Sparks (even though she's too young to understand and emote the lyrics she sings)

GOING HOME
Antonella Barba, Sanjaya Malakar, Haley Scarnato and I think Sundance Head [who seriously needs a new name]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home