In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Monday, April 24, 2006

Out of the Desert and into my Life

I just got back last night from the Phoenix chapter's Desert Dreams Conference. I had a great time and if you get the chance, I'd recommend going next year. April in Phoenix is just gorgeous, especially coming from cool, humid, drizzly Maryland.

I want to express a special THANK YOU to chapter president Mackanzie McKade, Tina Conine and Pamela Osbeck and especially to Susan Lanier-Graham for inviting me (and for going above and beyond in the absence of hotel rooms or books to sign).

Shout outs also to Barbara "It-is-so-a-Spanish-name" Ferrer (who will never look at Charlie Chaplin the same way again); Maddie "My-righthand-woman" Corinthos; Robena "Yes-I-do-have-an accent" Grant; Chaos Kat & Troublesome Tina & So-not-a-WASP Shannon; and to Cynthia, Kristen, Joanne and the other ladies at Leos!

My best friend of more years than we usually admit lives in Phoenix and we're both turning ** this year. So... we both got tatoos Saturday night to comemorate the milestone. Yeah, I hear you. But there was alcohol involved, followed by a reminder that we were supposed to do it 10 years ago on our ** birthday and he wimped out, which resulted in a challenge that couldn't be ignored and then, since I went first, a refusal to lose face.

As you can see, I got a blue and purple butterfly on my right shoulder [it's not easy photographing your own back!] Scott- being a very manly man- got a kick-ass great white shark swimming over his left shoulder. I told him that was appropriate since sharks, like men, haven't evolved in million of years Heehee.

That's all for now, since I came home to a thousand things I need to do. I won't be around tomorrow and possible Wednesday since my Mom is having surgery tomorrow. I'd really appreciate if you could keep her in your prayers as this is going to be a 3-5 hour procedure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home