In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

American Queen

So, okay, I didn't vote but, yeah, I still watched *blush*

BUCKY did really well with a country version of "Fat Bottomed Girls" and I don't care what Simon thinks, I like his hair

ACE... needs to go model underwear. "We Will Rock You" is a sporting event chant, not a song to sing in competition

KELLIE was surprisingly good. As Simon said, her singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" should have been a disaster but I think she did well and had fun. My husband and son loved the leather outfit

Okay, CHRIS is still a great performer but this is the 3rd week in a row I think he's rocked harder than he needed to. I guess he knows he'll be a star with or without Idol but I would have _loved_ for him to sing Katharine's song

KATHARINE didn't really impress me with "Who Wants to Live Forever", a song I love from original the Highlander movie, because I think she's still trying to impress her mother and not the audience

ELLIOTT did a good job with "Somebody to Love" , though he trilled a lot of notes that should have been simply held and I wish he'd had time to sing the whole song not just a show snippet

Whoo! Soul Patrol! TAYLOR was back to being himself tonight and though he'll never be a superstar, he's already a super entertainer

Wow! PARIS? Am I the only one freaked out by her baby talk voice vs her powerhouse singing? She looked and sounded great but Simon could only say it was 'weird' Go figure

I have no idea who'll get voted off tomorrow (Love you, Mandisa!) but with my luck it will be someone I like instead of Underwear Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home