In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

AI Obsession ended

Don't ever tell me that the producers of American Idol haven't got an agenda to make sure that the their chosen favorites stay on the show. I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but tonight's elimination was fucking outrageous.

(And so were last night's clothes. I'd like to bitch-slap the stylist who jacked up Kellie's boobs in a low cut pretty red top but put Mandisa is that nightmare atrocity zig-zag knit top that ended exactly where it shouldn't have mid-body.)

Mandisa is a talented, vibrant, gracious, beautiful woman who is blessed with a great voice. Kellie is very cute and slim and photogenic and manages to warble her way through a song. Anybody want to guess why the vocal performer was knocked off the show while the singing waitress remains? (Maybe it has something to do with the night Kellie dropped to her knees on stage in front of Simon?]

Anyway, my American Idol is officially over. Why bother to vote for my favorites when it makes no difference? I'm sure, given Mandisa's shocking elimination, Taylor and Elliott will go to the slaughter as well. (I like Bucky and Paris but they've been outshone for weeks now.) That leaves us with a Top 4 of Ace [dear lord, no], Katharine, Kellie and Chris - the two Simon has announced as his favorites in various interviews- in the final showdown.

I like Kellie, but I think and hope Chris is the next AI. It won't be thanks to my votes though.

1 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, Kellie Pickler has been chosen for the "Vote for the Worst" website, where they try to encourage non-fans of the show to vote for the worst singer, or, lacking worst singer, the most amusing singer. They chose Kellie because of her airheaded comments and tiresome naive act. They want her to go as far as she can so they can make fun of her and aggravate the true fans. If she gets voted off, they'll choose their next victim.

I love Mandisa and am sad that she left, but her last two performances didn't cut it for me. I wanted Elliot to go. He's never done it for me.

The sad fact is, all the people left are talented in their own right--it all comes down to subjectivity, like writing--so every week a talented person will leave. At least it's not like last year where two contestants with questionable (IMO) talent stayed on and on and on while much better singers were voted off.

And, the last two years that I've watched, both Fantasia (the winner of the third season) and Bo Bice (runner up of fourth season) landed in the bottom two at least once. So, theoretically, even this year's "obvious" winner--Chris!--could get eliminated if he can't get the votes.

Cindy
Chris Daughtry lover

 

Post a Comment

<< Home