In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Go, me!

So I'm determined to lose at least 20 pounds this year [I'd like to lose a little more but I'm not setting a specific ideal for how much because I don't want to be disappointed if I don't reach it]

I'm a creature of mostly sedentary habits so I'm begining with baby steps:
Drink more water and switch to diet soda and iced tea.
Nothing but water after 8 pm.
No junk sweets- fresh fruit and low carb yoghurt instead.
Get some kind of exercise, even if it's just dancing to a song on the radio

So I got on the scale yesterday [Brave of me, I know] and was pleasantly surprised to see that I've lost five pounds already!Not bad for only changing my lifestyle about a week ago. Yeah, babysteps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home