In Search of the Fiction Fairy

award-wining author Mia Zachary's online diary where she ponders the meaning of life, strives to improve her craft and generally mouths off

Friday, January 20, 2006

Philosophy Friday

Taking a page from Gena Showalter's book, I've decided that Fridays will be for reflecting back on the week and reflecting in general.

GOOD STUFFI finished the new opening for ANOTHER SIDE OF MIDNIGHTI got the cover art for my next BlazeI found two reviewers willing to read a partial manuscript and give me quotesI started this blog :-)

GOOD ADVICE "The work itself- the practice of the craft of writing- must be it's own reward." - Dennis Palumbo, WRITING FROM THE INSIDE OUT, page 53

A good reminder for people like me who, like right now , get caught up in self promotion and book promotion activities and who are easily crushed by bad reviews. At the end of the day, the most important people I need to please are not the editor or even the reader but me and the muse. I'm never going to get rich at this job and I'm never going to please everyone, so I need to write for the sake of creating something that I'm proud of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home